The Shogun Series 3.5” paring knife is a precision specialist, featuring a small narrow blade which tapers to a point. It is as essential to any serious chef or cook as the chef’s knife, and nearly as versatile. The Shogun Series blade is precision forged from a single piece of ultra premium Japanese high-carbon AUS-10V steel with 66-alternating layers of SUS410 damascus cladding for stain-resistance and durability. Precise cryogenic tempering with liquid nitrogen increases the steel's crystalline structure, enhancing strength, flexibility and hardness. Hand-polishing reveals a magnificent visual pattern, Dalstrong’s ‘Tsunami Rose’. The super-steel core possesses extra high carbon levels, allowing for scalpel-like sharpness with exceptionally long lasting edge retention. Each knife is hand-finished in the Honbazuke 3-step method, creating a beautiful mirror polished edge at a staggeringly acute 8-10 degrees per side. The Shogun Series handle is meticulously constructed of G-10 Garolite, an incredibly strong military-grade inert and non-porous fiberglass-like material. It is highly impervious to both heat and moisture with life-long durability. The carefully engineered ergonomic handle is designed for superior hand control and comfort, while simultaneously being stabilized with an engraved end-cap for agile performance. To further enhance the beauty, an intricate copper mosaic pin adorns the center rivet. A premium-quality polymer Dalstrong PerfectFit saya (sheath) with embossed Dalstrong logo and pin is included with the set to ensure your blade is carefully protected.
- 3.5” precision forged blade with an ultra-premium Japanese AUS-10V ‘super steel’ cutting core at 62+ Rockwell hardness for unrivaled performance and incredible edge retention.
- 67-layers of high-carbon stainless steel cladding provides exceptional strength, durability and stain resistance.
- Ruthlessly sharp scalpel like edge is hand finished to a mirror polish within a staggering 8-12° degree angle using the traditional 3-step Honbazuke method.
- Nitrogen cooled for enhanced harness, flexibility and corrosion resistance
- Featuring Dalstrong’s exquisite Shogun Series Tsunami Rose blade pattern, for striking, stand out beauty.
- Dalstrong lion head logo engraved for additional refinement
- Precisely tapered blade minimizes surface resistance for buttery smooth cut through.
- Mirror polished bolster provides a perfectly engineered balance and gently encourages a comfortable and proper pinch grip
- Blade’s spine is hand polished to a smooth finish for enhanced pinch grip comfort
- Engineered to perfection with a ‘zero-balance’
- Meticulously constructed ultra-premium G-10 Garolite handle. Highly impervious to heat, cold and moisture with military grade strength and life-long durability.
- Carefully hand polished
- Ergonomic handle shape for superior hand control, agility and comfort
- Beautifully crafted copper mosaic pin adorns the center rivet for added distinction
- Triple riveted for even more resilience
- Full tang for superb robustness & quality
- Stainless steel end cap (second bolster) adds perfect counter balance, with an additional Dalstrong logo engraved.