The Omega Series Santoku Knife is a ruthless vegetable assassin. The Japanese word 'Santoku' roughly translates to 'three virtues or uses' and refers to the knife's triad versatility as a slicer, a dicer and a mincer. It encompasses the the best features of a chef's knife and Nakiri, wrapped into one exceptionally designed package.
Designed with a noticeably different blade geometry, the Omega Series Santoku features a 7" long blade with a Kiritsuke-like tip. Keeping true to it’s name, the Omega Series Santoku is a jack of all trades. The tapered tip allows for more precise and delicate work such as de-boning and coring, while the flatter blade profile allows the user to excel at push cuts, long slices and chopping, making it an ideal choice for those chefs who prep large numbers of vegetables.
Featuring ultra-premium American forged BD1N-V hyper steel. The blade's composition and added vacuum heat-treatment to 63HRC provide astonishing performance, with a screamingly sharp edge. Painstakingly finished to 8-12° per side by expert blade smiths using the traditional 3-step Honbazuke method. The addition of Nitrogen increases hardness, flexibility, and toughness, while providing exceptional wear resistance, ensuring your blade’s performance will last even-longer and take you further. Gorgeously laminated and hot-forged, the ‘LiquidMetal’ pattern on the blade minimizes drag and stuck on food while maximizing your slicing efficiency, allowing you to glide through prep. The G10 woven fibreglass handle is near impervious to heat, cold and moisture and is presented in a midnight black with subtle dark red colorings.
Centered in the full-tang handle is an ornate and over-sized copper and brass mosaic, creating a distinct and striking appearance. The painstakingly detailed craftsmanship continues with the Dalstrong lionhead insignia carefully engraved on both the mirror-polished end-cap and blade itself.
This knife doesn’t just mean business, it looks it too.
A black PU leather sheath with button clip and distinctive red-stitching is also included to ensure the blades stylish protection and your own safety.
Featuring all the precision, premium materials and workmanship you would expect from Dalstrong, only dialled up.
- Scalpel like sharpness at a staggering 8-12°degree angle per side. Sail through culinary challenges.
- Incredible Edge Retention at 63+ Rockwell. Cut longer, go further.
- ‘LiquidMetal’ pattern on the blade minimizes drag and stuck on food while maximizing your slicing efficiency.
- BD1N American forged Hyper Steel. With an added Vacuum Treatment. The ultimate steel for the ultimate performance.
- 67-Layered Damascus sharpened under the ancient 3-step Honbazuke method and married to bleeding edge technology.
- Tapered bolster provides a perfect ‘zero-balance’ balance, finger protection and gently encourages a natural and comfortable pinch grip.
- Rust/Corrosion resistant cladding means your knife will stay cleaner and last longer.
- Hand-polished spine enhances comfort across very grips.
- Full tang - maximum robustness. This knife is built to last a lifetime.
- Triple riveted - even further resilience.
- Beautifully engraved. Performance and looks.
- Tapered blade for minimal slicing resistance and non-stick properties.
- Cleans easily.
- Precise cryogenic tempering increases the steel’s crystalline structure, enhancing, strength, flexibility and hardness.
- Military grade G10 handle for life-long durability
- Highly impervious to heat, cold and moisture
- Ergonomic handle for superior hand control, agility and comfort
- Non-slip grip
- Engraved end cap for further distinction
- Over-sized intricate copper mosaic enhances beauty
- 7” Omega Series Santoku Knife
- PU Leather Dalstrong Sheath
- Neatly Packed with Dalstrong’s Renowned Packaging