The Dalstrong Shogun Series X 6” AUS-10V nakiri knife with a beautiful tsuchime finish. Supreme function meets stunning elegance.
Put a lion in your hands! The Shogun Series of knives are what careers are built on.
The nakiri knife is a brutally effective vegetable assassin, and one of the most popular and essential blade styles among the Asian knife types. The word “Nakiri” can be broken down to “na” meaning ‘leaf’ in Japanese, and ‘kiri’ meaning ‘cutting’, a testament to its specialized nature. Hours of prep work are made easy with the Shogun Series nakiri in your hand, working tirelessly alongside you day in and day out. The straight edge, spine and nose of the knife make it a push-cut specialist, while the wider blades assists in scooping up food for transfer. If you find yourself cutting ample amounts of leafy greens, vegetables or fruit, this is an essential addition to your cutlery collection.
Painstakingly crafted over 60 days using the highest quality materials, the Shogun Series nakiri is both a razor-sharp kitchen powerhouse and artistic statement in premium design and workmanship.
The Shogun Series X 55mm wide blade is precision forged from a single piece of 66-layered damascus high-carbon stainless steel cladding, with an ultra premium Japanese AUS-10V steel cutting core. Precise cryogenic tempering with liquid nitrogen increases the steel's crystalline structure, enhancing strength, flexibility and hardness. The increased blade width allows for improved knuckle clearance.
The exquisite hammered tsuchime finish is not only a beautiful statement in craftsmanship, it also serves the purpose of reducing drag and minimizing stuck on food. Hand-polishing reveals a magnificent visual pattern, Dalstrong’s‘Tsunami Rose’. The super-steel core possesses extra high carbon levels, allowing for scalpel-like sharpness with exceptionally long lasting edge retention. Each knife is hand-finished in the Honbazuke 3-step method, creating a beautiful mirror polished edge at a staggeringly acute 10 degrees per side.
Beautifully engraved into the blade near the bolster is the Dalstrong lionhead logo for further refinement.
The Shogun Series X handle is meticulously constructed of G-10 Garolite, an incredibly strong military-grade inert and non-porous fiberglass-like material. It is highly impervious to both heat and moisture with life-long durability. The carefully engineered ergonomic handle is designed for superior hand control and comfort. while simultaneously being stabilized with an engraved end-cap for agile performance. To further enhance the beauty, an intricate copper mosaic pin adorns the center rivet.
A premium -quality polymer Dalstrong PerfectFit saya (sheath) with embossed Dalstrong logo and pin is included with the set to ensure your blade is carefully protected.
- 7” precision forged blade with an ultra-premium Japanese AUS-10V ‘super steel’ cutting core at 62+ Rockwell hardness for unrivaled performance and incredible edge retention.
- 66-layers of high-carbon stainless steel cladding provides exceptional strength, durability and stain resistance.
- Ruthlessly sharp scalpel like edge is hand finished to a mirror polish within a staggering 8-12° degree angle per side using the traditional 3-step Honbazuke method.
- Nitrogen cooled for enhanced harness, flexibility and corrosion resistance
- Featuring Dalstrong’s exquisite Shogun Series Tsunami Rose blade pattern, for striking, stand out beauty.
- Dalstrong lion head logo engraved for additional refinement
- Precisely tapered blade minimizes surface resistance for buttery smooth cut through.
- Mirror polished bolster provides a perfectly engineered balance and gently encourages a comfortable and proper pinch grip
- Blade’s spine is hand polished to a smooth finish for enhanced pinch grip comfort
- Wide blade height for improved knuckle clearance and ability to scoop and transfer food.
- Shogun Series X beautiful hammered tsuchime finish reduces drag and creates tiny air pockets which minimize stuck on food.
- Meticulously constructed ultra-premium G-10 Garolite handle. Highly impervious to heat, cold and moisture with military grade strength and life-long durability.
- Carefully hand polished
- Ergonomic handle shape for superior hand control, agility and comfort
- Beautifully crafted copper mosaic pin adorns the center rivet for added distinction
- Triple riveted for even more resilience
- Full tang for superb robustness & quality
- Stainless steel end cap (second bolster) adds perfect counter balance, with an additional Dalstrong logo engraved.
- 7” Shogun Series X Nakiri Knife
- PerfectFit Dalstrong Nakiri Sheath
- Neatly Packed with Dalstrong’s Renowned Packaging