20-Piece Flatware Cutlery Set Service for 4 Silver Dalstrong
- What Is A Cutlery Set?
- What Makes Great Flatware Cutlery Sets?
- How To Store And Care For Your Cutlery Set
- Dalstrong Essentials That Make A Great Cutlery Set
- Frequently Asked Questions
Folks, it's time to upgrade your kitchen tools and kitchen gadgets! Today, let’s talk about cutlery sets and how Dalstrong can add value and elegance to your kitchen.
1. What Is A Cutlery Set?
Cutlery sets, also known as flatware sets, are a variety of serving utensils that can be used to eat food with and serve, too. Most flatware cutlery is mirror polished and an elegant touch to a table setting. But what do cutlery sets and serving sets comprise of? They are:
- Steak Knife
- Serving Forks
- Salad Forks
- Dessert Spoons
- Serving Spoons
- Soup Spoons
- Slotted Serving Spoons
- Dinner knives
Bonus: Some elaborate cutlery sets include kitchen tools like tweezers, kitchen shears, tasting spoons, carving forks, and food tongs.
These are some of the common pieces of modern flatware and cutlery that you would find at dinner parties. Let’s get into more detail and understand the importance of each of them.
Read about the advantages of stainless steel cutlery here.
2. What Makes Great Flatware Cutlery Sets?
Steak knives are an important part of serving sets. Premium-grade steak-cutting knives are often made with sterling silver, have comfortable handles, are easy to clean, sharp to cut through stubborn meats, especially red meats, and often come in sets of five. These knives are a part of everyday flatware sets and table settings.
These knives are often made with stainless steel since they need to be robust to cut and glide through meats. There are 2 types of these knives – Serrated and straight-edged. There is not a major difference between the two as it comes down entirely to your preference. Some folks prefer straight-edged steak knives as they’re not as rugged and look elegant to place on dining tables.
They are also used as utility knives since they can split, halve, and cut tough foods like large loaves of bread, hard cheese, and large vegetables. If you’ve got a longer blade on steak knives, they can be used to shred and debone meats, too.
They are also known as dinner knives – But that’s just a little fancier for a name. A high-end steak knife is one that has a mirrored finish, simple design, robust blade, sharp serrations, and something that is beyond most budget picks. Premium-quality steak knives also come in a variety of sets. For example, sets of five, 20piece sets, and 16piece flatware sets.
Serving forks are serving utensils that are larger than regular forks you would see on your dining table. They are made to plate a variety of appetizers and side dishes with ease. They’re also quite easy to clean because of the three-fork tines. Fancy serving forks are made with stainless steel grades or sterling silver.
The tips of serving forks are made to be thinner than the fork tine, so it is easier to pick up precise, thin slices and cuts of meats. They’re also the perfect piece of cutlery for plating sliced and carved pieces of large roasts like turkeys and chicken.
Salad forks and salad spoons are often paired together. They have a long body to offer a better grip. The salad forks and spoons are coupled together so that they can firmly hold the leaves and meat together without tearing it with just the fork tines. Since salad leaves are often creamy and dressed with oil or vinaigrette, they can be pretty slippery and a smidge difficult to lift and plate.
This is why the spoon is used on the bottom of the leaves, with the fork applying gentle pressure on top of it. This makes it incredibly easy to serve.
Dessert spoons don’t need an introduction – They are the most used and loved spoons in every household. Well, they are in mine! These spoons are mirror polished for a sleek appearance when laid out on the table.
They too, like steak knives, come in sets of 5. The set comes as a 5piece set, too. Thanks to the mirror-like polish, they are easy to clean, no matter how stubborn the stains and particles of chocolate, syrups, and other tidbits are.
Since desserts are often enjoyed in small bites to savor the taste, these spoons have comfortable handles so your fingers don’t sore up as you keep digging through rock-hard, frozen ice creams and tarts. Some folks tend to confuse dessert spoons with serving spoons. However, dessert spoons are not as broad as serving spoons in width and length.
Dinner parties and everyday flatware sets are incomplete without this classic dinner table essential. They come as 16piece flatware sets and 20piece sets since they’re used for a variety of things like eating, measuring, mixing, stirring, and tasting.
These spoons are also used as tasting spoons in home kitchens as well as professional kitchens as they encourage hygiene and cleanliness. They’re easy to clean, have extremely comfortable handles, and are often paired with a dinner knife.
Soup spoons serving sets are gaining popularity these days. As we make our way through chilly weather, there’s nothing more perfect than a bowl of comfort chowder or gumbo. But, have you ever had the displeasure of having to eat soup with regular serving spoons?
I have, and it can get quite messy. Soup spoons have a long handle and a broad, deep surface to lift a hearty portion for each bite and slurp. These spoons are perfect for picking up slippery meats like shrimp, scallops, and crabs.
Slotted Serving Spoons
These serving spoons have gaps on the surface to lift foods and separate them from casseroles, hot pots, soups, and frying pots and pans. These serving spoons are used at grills and barbecues as they make it incredibly easy to lift meats and serve them onto plates or lay them onto cutting boards for a large spread.
They often have a common matte black surface to keep the material from reacting to high temperatures of heat and cold. Slotted serving spoons are incredibly durable and versatile, and are one of the most important serving utensils.
Dalstrong’s slotted serving spatulas are a great tool to bag when you’re buying flatware. They are ergonomic, easy to hold, comfortable in the palm of your hand, and extremely durable and sleek in appearance. Truly, the bane of function meeting form.
Dinner knives are used for cutting foods and transferring them from dinner forks. They help slice a variety of meats, fruits, and vegetables into bite-sized pieces and are ideal for moving meat or rice around for clean and easy bites.
Just like butter knives, they don’t have sharp blades and are ideal for everyday eating. When you’re buying flatware, don’t miss out on this essential!
3. How To Store And Care For Your Cutlery Set
4-Piece Serrated Steak Knife Set Gladiator Series NSF Certified Dalstrong
When you invest in good cutlery, it’s important to maintain them so they can serve you (quite literally) for decades. This is because stainless steel flatware sets have a simple design that is easy to clean, simple to maintain, and comfortable to store.
There are a few ways to store your favorite flatware and silverware sets. Let’s start with the current trend in the culinary world – Magnetic bars!
Perks Of Owning A Magnetic Bar To Hang Silverware – What Are They?
Magnetic bars are perfect for stainless steel, everyday flatware sets. You don’t need to lay them out on a table setting like we’ve all been doing. It IS traditional, so I completely get it.
But magnetic bars are easy to mount, safe to hold your precious cutlery, and functional for home cooks who want to add a bit of edge to their kitchen without making a dent in their pockets.
Along with your flatware collection, you can hang your favorite knives and serving utensils that are made of stainless steel. Not only does it elevate the appearance of your kitchen, but it also saves you space – It’s one less drawer to clean out every weekend.
All you need is a vertical space on the walls in your kitchen to mount the magnetic bar, and you’re good to go. Dalstrong’s new magnetic bars are the rising stars you shouldn’t miss out on!
A big advantage of owning a magnetic bar to hang your silverware is that it keeps your countertops and drawers free of clutter, dust, debris, splashes of oil, acids, and stuck-on food.
I own Dalstrong’s magnetic bars, and I have to be honest, they’re simply breathtaking. They come in 3 different materials – Silicone, wood, and stainless steel. They’re sturdy, functional, easy to mount, and perfect for holding your cutlery essentials.
4. Dalstrong Essentials That Make A Great Cutlery Set
1. 20-Piece Flatware Cutlery Set Service for 4 Silver Dalstrong
If you are what I like to call a Dalstrong Pro, you already know that we don’t mess around when it comes to building durable kitchen tools and cookware. But, let us now introduce you to the ultimate kitchen essential, Dalstrong’s 20-Piece Flatware Cutlery Set Service For 4.
Made with premium-quality 18/10 stainless steel, this set is all you need to start the new year by giving your kitchen and flatware a makeover. The body of these serving spoons, serving forks, and dinner knives are rust-resistant with a high polish for a mirror-like finish that will woo your guests with no effort of its own.
Still need some convincing?
- Tapered ends on each piece of cutlery for a striking finish, a balanced weight, and a comfortable grip.
- Dalstrong’s Trust Lifetime Guarantee for any inconvenience that you face, we’re here to offer you peace of mind.
- This cutlery set offers premium-grade steel, thanks to the nitrogen-boosted material.
- If you’re looking for an elaborate spread of cutlery set that is made with sterling silver flatware, this 20-piece set might not be the perfect fit, but it won’t disappoint you at the dinner table, either.
- The price of this cutlery set may be outside of the budget for some folks.
This 4-piece straight-edge steak knife set from the Gladiator series is a classic! Made with ultra-sharp and wear-resistant German steel that is hardened at 56+ Rockwell. The polished spine of these knives is all you need for a comfortable pinch grip that makes it worthwhile as you bring the knife to your mouth for every bite.
- Tapered design with a stain-resistant finish.
- The tall blade height helps in slicing and cutting briskets and roasts, thanks to the knuckle clearance that these knives offer.
- The handle is impervious to moisture, cold, and heat, adding all the durability.
- The center rivet engraved with Dalstrong’s logo is one that will capture all the eyes.
- Some folks prefer serrated knives rather than straight-edged blades.
- If you’re looking for an 8-piece steak knife set, I suggest this 8-Piece Steak Knife Set with white ABS handles and a storage block.
3. 4-Piece Serrated Steak Knife Set Gladiator Series NSF Certified
This 4-piece serrated steak knife set is all you need to achieve precise cuts on stubborn meats, roasts, and briskets. Not only is this set elegant and appealing to the eye, but also ruthlessly sharp, highly durable, and offers straight cuts without puncturing or tearing through the meat.
- The dark wood handle is triple-riveted and improved robustness and flexibility.
- The design and performance of these knives are perfect for table settings and dinner parties.
- The high-carbon German steel blade is hardened at a staggering 55 Rockwell and is tapered for sturdiness and resilience.
- The finger protection, thanks to the bolster on the spine, calls for a balanced weight throughout the knife.
- The serrations on this knife add a couple of minutes to the knife sharpening process, so if you’re looking for steak knives that don’t require much maintenance, this might not be the best fit for you.
- You could be looking for Dalstrong’s steak knife sets with storage blocks.
Now that you know everything about slotted serving spoons, it’s time to take it up a notch with Dalstrong’s professional slotted fish spatula, which is perfect for both home cooks and seasoned chefs. The military-grade G10 fiberglass resin handle is what dreams are made of.
- The handle is not only comfortable and firm but ergonomic, too.
- The handle offers dexterity and flexibility when you’re flipping fish or meat.
- This slotted spatula can drain excess oil with ease.
- The perfect surface to scrape off stuck-on food particles from your cooking pots and pans.
- If you’re all about slotted serving spoons, a fish spatula with slots might not be the perfect fit, but it’s still worth a try.
- The length of the handle could be a little too much for beginners who aren’t well-versed in grilling and frying yet.
Made with precision-forged, single-piece, high carbon 7CR17MOV-X vacuum treat steel, this meat fork from the Shadow Black series is one you simply can’t miss. The perfect complement for dinner parties that will steal all eyes at the table as you carve roasts and briskets.
- The added chromium amounts in the blade give it its stain-resistant finish that is also tempered for all the durability that you need.
- The full tang of this carving fork is robust, sturdy, and durable.
- The fiber-resin military grade G10 handle is low in maintenance and cleans easily.
- The handle is also impervious to moisture, cold, and heat, adding to its durability.
- Some folks might prefer steak knives instead of this meat fork to cut through stubborn cuts of meat.
- The size of this carving fork could be a smidge intimidating for home cooks just starting to explore their love for cutlery.
5. Frequently Asked Questions
What is considered a cutlery?
Cutlery is a kitchen essential that is used to prepare, serve, and eat food with. Some cutlery essentials that you may be using on a daily basis are steak knives, salad forks, dessert spoons, serving spoons, soup spoons, slotted serving spoons, dinner spoons, dinner knives, and many others.
What's the difference between cutlery and silverware?
Silverware is cutlery made out of sterling silver or stainless steel. Cutlery is simply a serving tool used to prepare and eat food.
Is cutlery a Canadian term?
Cutlery is a Canadian term used to describe flatware or silverware.
What is a complete cutlery set?
A complete cutlery set comes in different assortments. Such as a 20piece flatware set, 5piece set, 16piece flatware set, 20piece set, and sometimes, even a 45piece flatware set. Flatware and silverware are often made with stainless steel of high quality so they can be used for decades on end.
That is just how durable they are. Additionally, serving sets like slotted serving spoons, tasting spoons, dinner spoons, forks, salad spoons, and dinner knives are also known as flatware cutlery sets.